Chief Lending Officer
Credit Union Employment Resources is working with a credit union in Yuma, Arizona in their search for a new Chief Lending Officer. The CLO will be responsible for providing support, planning, organizing, and directing the Company's lending services to ensure the overall quality of the Credit Union’s lending portfolio to include consumer loans, vehicle indirect, mortgage and real estate loans, business loan services, and member insurance functions. Ensures lending operations are in accordance with established policies, procedures, and legal requirements. Ensures lending activities result in maximum volume, efficiency, and effectiveness, as well as appropriate profit for the Company and a minimal delinquency ratio. Performs duties in compliance with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Oversees, manages, and assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient administration of consumer, commercial and real estate lending functions as well as the overall management and quality of the lending portfolio.
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective Lending planning and strategy in conjunction with overall organizational strategies.
- Member of ALCO responsible for the management of an overall (ERM) Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Responsible for calculating the Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss Reserve (ALLL) and making recommendations to Senior management and the Board of Directors for monthly allocations to the Loan Loss Reserve.
- Responsible for the management of OREO properties to include maintenance, listing, valuation and disposal of acquired assets with maximum value to the credit union.
- Reviews and approves/declines large and complex loans prior to submission to Credit/Loan Committee.
- Participates with other Senior Management in developing long and short-term organizational strategies.
- Leads the development of lending policies and procedures and ensures they complement organizational goals.
- Executes established goals and coordinates their implementation with other departments and with subordinates.
- Ensures lending activities are conducted in accordance with established policy guidelines and standards, and are properly documented.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies to ensure effectiveness. Ensures policies are updated and are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
- Ensures the maintenance and analytics of statistics relative to loans issued, report data, delinquency follow-up, and overall risk associated with the loan portfolio.
- Ensures insurance functions support customer needs and are well coordinated with lending operations.
- Ensures business loans, accounts, and property management are managed effectively to meet the needs of borrowers.
- Keeps Senior Management informed of loan activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and accurately, and in compliance with Company guidelines and policies. Ensures the maintenance of department records.
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Conducts performance appraisals as required. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures staffing levels are appropriate and human resources are effectively utilized. Conducts interviews and assists with hiring as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relationships are established and maintained with customers, vendors, automobile dealers, the business community, and trade organizations.
- Works collaboratively with other Senior Leaders and ensures collaboration between lending department staff and other departments.
- Ensures the Company's professional reputation is maintained throughout lending and business transactions with customers.
- Responsible for complying with the Bank Secrecy Act policies and procedures, including attendance at annual training, as directed by the Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
- erforms other duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field, or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A minimum of five years of progressive, senior-level lending experience in a credit union or
similar financial institution, preferably within a sales and service environment. Experience with the management of a commercial loan portfolio to include commercial industrial, retail, commercial real estate and workout loans.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of consumer, commercial and mortgage loan products and applicable policies, standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Solid understanding of government regulations and legal requirements involving lending, collections, insurance, and related functions. Has an overall knowledge of FASB (Fair Accounting Standards Board) rules as it applies to various loans to include FAS 5, FAS66 and FAS114.