A credit union in Southwest Houston is searching for a Accounting Clerk to join their Accounting Department! Great organization to work for. Teamwork and outstanding customer service is a priority with this credit union!
To support the financial management and operations of the credit union through maintenance of accounting records and reports. Performs accounting duties of moderate complexity in accordance with standard procedures and under moderate supervision.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all ACH activity, returns and reconciliation. Must stay updated on ACH compliance.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly GL transactions.
- Verifies accuracy, completeness and consistency of accounting information received.
- Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve common problems. Is responsible for research and resolution of problems, including follow-through to member, department and/or outside agency and accurate documentation of resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to processing payments, compiling monthly closings; various weekly, monthly and/or annual reports; and maintaining investment statements and records.
One year of Accounting experience with a Credit Union or Bank preferred.
Excel experience needed.